Friday, December 2, 2011

5 Features That Will Cause You To Love Your Hedge Trimmer


!±8± 5 Features That Will Cause You To Love Your Hedge Trimmer

You know as you get older your mind slowly changes from a conquering mode to a more peaceful mode of just wanting to get the job done, in this case the hedge trimmed, without getting scared and scraped, with minimal effort and being able to have the strength to sit back and admire the job. In other words, working smarter not harder. That is accomplished by using tools that are user friendly, don't take all your strength to use and allow you to have fun doing the job. Here are 5 features a hedge trimmer must have to be user friendly.

1. The first thing I look for in a hedge trimmer is a tool that is light weight. Even today some hedge trimmers are still made the old fashioned way with the big vibrating snout that takes all your strength to maneuver and hold. As I said, I'm getting older and I don't want to wrestle with the hedge trimmer or any type of yard grooming tool for that matter. The tools for today should be user friendly and light weight to use for the older population. If the younger generation wants to prove how strong they are and impress those around them with their strength, let them. The only way I want to impress is with a well maintained yard.

2. Going right along with light weight is easy to use. In my yard I have this beautiful climbing rose bush about 7 foot tall that I need to get on a ladder to trim and shape. My old trimmer that had a snout like a sword fish used to vibrate so much it was hard to keep your balance, which meant I spent intimate time with the rose bush. Trust me, if it hasn't happened to you you don't want to fall into a rose bush. The rose bush always wins and I'll end up with cuts and scratches all over my arms. I want a trimmer that I can handle on a ladder safely and easily.

3. I don't want to be able to cut the cord with the trimmer blade. It's happened to me on several occasions that I have accidentally cut the cord with what I have been trimming. It's not only dangerous but I always feel stupid when it happens. My wife will just look at me and shake her all knowing head at my stupidity. Long nosed trimmers are noted for being able to cut their cord, and they do it quite easily so I want a trimmer that eliminates that threat. I want to win with no more cut cords and my wife's knowing approval.

4. Life is fun and deserves a trimmer that cleans up after itself. The worst thing about trimming that rose bush I was telling you about is the clean up after you're done trimming. Before I would need to get to a barrel to put the trimming pieces in and set it out for the yard waste truck. Then I would rake all the cuttings together and then to great peril to limbs I would put the trimming leftovers in the barrel. Pushing those clippings down into the barrel left my arms battle scared and bleeding. It wasn't the type of job I certainly looked forward to. Life is too short to go through life cut or maimed by hedge trimmer clippings.

5. The last thing I want in a hedge trimmer is I want it to be electric powered. I don't care if the gas powered ones are more powerful, I want to be able to breathe fresh air, not gas fumes. Electric power yard equipment is clean, environmentally friendly and easy to use. There's that phrase "easy to use" again, if you haven't guessed yet I'm definitely into "easy to use". I have lived a good life and fought countless battles but now that I approaching those "Golden Years" I just want simple and easy to use.

Well there you have my views on what to look for in a hedge trimmer. These are strictly my views, if you would like to embrace these views you need to do so at your own risk. Anyway that's my story and I'm definitely sticking to the "easy to use". There are hedge trimmers in all sizes and shapes. Some are monsters that wield a wide swath, shake, vibrate and take all your strength to master them. I'll leave those to others who want to conquer their yard work. Personally I want to be able to enjoy my yard after I'm done. So I'll settle for equipment that is "easy to use" and has the 5 features to look for in a hedge trimmer, giving you a great sense of satisfaction when you're done knowing that your yard and the hedges look great with a minimum of effort.


5 Features That Will Cause You To Love Your Hedge Trimmer

Shopping Gas Powered Pole Saws Skechers Mini Wedge Boot Discount




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links